PC5-15 Basement Door Entrance Polycarbonate Awning (59" Projection / 180" Length)
PC5-15 Basement Door Staircase Polycarbonate Awning
59" Projection / 180" Length (15Ft.)
Polycarbonate is safe and durable and able to withstand any Canadian weather conditions. The design of our mounting bracket ensures a simple installation process. No need to stress over perfectly measured spaces between the brackets, just mount and go.
Description (What's included)
- Top Polycarbonate Panel
- Polycarbonate Brackets
- Additional brackets are provided every 4′
- For example, 4′ = 2 brackets, 6′ = 3 brackets, 8′ = 3 brackets*
- Anodized Aluminum Bars.
- Installation Manual
- Polycarbonate Panel: 2mm (0.080″) UV Protected Polycarbonate Sheet
- Polycarbonate Mounting Bracket: Injection Molded Polycarbonate
- Aluminum Support Bars: Extruded Anodized Aluminum (Rust Proof)
- Two 1/2″ anchor bolts are used to mount each bracket on brick walls
- Holes for wood screws available on the bracket for installation on sidings/wood
Measuring DIY Guide:
Step 1: Begin by measuring the width and length of the basement staircase.
- Width: Distance from the wall to the edge of the railing or concrete.
- Length: The total length of the staircase.
Step 2: Determine the height where the awning will be installed.
- Height: Distance from the ground to the top of the window.
- Check for the flatness of the vertically oriented bricks above the window with surrounding bricks. If not flat, the awning will need to be installed above the vertical bricks.
- Check for any objects that could get in the way of the installation. For example, fan exhaust vents, security cameras, etc.
Step 3: Decide on the model to be used to cover the side entrance.
- PC5 (59″) awning is recommended when:
- The width of the staircase is greater than 4 feet.
- The awning needs to be installed above 8 feet.
- PC4 (48″) awning is recommended when:
- The width of the staircase is smaller than 4 feet.
- The awning will be installed 8 feet or below.
- See model PC4-15 on our online store
We do not recommend installing the awning below 7 feet as the end of the awning will end up being 6 feet or below.
HILTI TOOL RENTAL AVAILABLE FOR DIY:
-For self DIY installation, the required Hilti tool & bits is available for rent upon order pickup.
- Hilti rental fee ($100/day + $100 Security deposit) Payment can be made at our office.
-Don't want to install yourself? Let our team handle it for you. Contact us for a professional installation quote.